Friday, June 06, 2008

Enrollment Craps.

First day of classes is just three days away and I am no close to getting my registration card on time.

Thursday
11:15am
I arrived at our scholarship office to process my enrollment credentials.

11:30am
Went to the Accounting Division, 2nd floor. To my surprise, the lights at their office were off and the blinds are closed. The office is already at lunch break.

You must be kidding me. Who takes lunchbreaks at 11:30 am?!

Okay, so I heard other professors rant about PUP offices opening late to students and taking breaks early, but I never really imagined this could happen to me. Must I really experience this before I graduate? lol.

Anyways, I decided to wait for the office to open. While waiting, I took pictures of our beloved PUP. I was thinking whether the office will open on time or not, but good thing they did. lol again.

1:00pm
Dani (in a very clear and audible voice): Good afternoon po, pwede po ba kay Mam Gigi?

>nobody answers<
Dani: Ummm... excuse me po, si Mam Gigi po?
An old hag: Hindi mo ba nakikitang wala is Mam Gigi? Kaya nga iba nakatao diyan oh.

Then a very kind man asked what can he do for me, and so I handed him my R0 and my Memorandum of Agreement. After checking it, he asked me to go to the Server Room across the hallway.

1:15pm
Went to the Server Room to have my R0 'tagged'.

1:30pm
From the Server Room, I went to the ARO to finally get my registration card. There was a long queue at the ARO and I found out that they are for transferees. I asked one of the people falling in queue as to where could the line for the Registrations card be, but he has no idea. Moments later, another window opens, I passed my R0 for processing but much to my dismay, the girl said they only process R0s at 5:30pm in the afternoon onwards.

Great. After cursing to death under my breath. hahaha... I just decided to pursue my enrollment adventure tomorrow after work.

Friday, 5:00pm
Server is down.

All these under the effin' heat of the freakin' sun.

Welcome, Freshmen!!!

0 comments: