Saturday, November 08, 2008

I only date Geeks.

I have been meaning to write about techie stuffs here, because... I want to know your opinion about them.

1. Google Chrome
Google released a their own version of browser which is Google Chrome. Its basically the same as Firefox, only that it's cleaner (you'd get what I mean when I say 'cleaner'). It took time to download, however, and I really had a hard time with the bookmarks. I think Chrome doesn't have a Bookmark Toolbar. Anyway, the best feature about Google Chrome for me though is the Incognito Mode, lets you surf the world wide web without leaving a trace. Incognito. hahaha. Great for stalkers. If you want to know more about Google Chrome, just click the link.

2. Upgrading to Service Pack 3.
Nami told me that it is not good to upgrade to Windows XP service pack 3, because... I don't know! haha. Nami told me lot of technical stuffs that my mind wasn't able to process. haha. So, what's the catch with upgrading to Service Pack 3? Have you upgraded your operating system to Service Pack 3?

3. Utorrent
I am so psyched to download lots and lots of torrents, but I am having problems with my connection. You see, if I check my speed at Speedtest.net, my download speed plays around 400+, while my upload speed around 100+ (I know, my dsl is slowww). So if you do computer math, the maximum kilobytes you can download per second should be around 50+ or maybe 40+, and that is really my kb/s speed when I download using FF's download manager, however, when I use Utorrent, this time my kb/s speed goes down to a sad sad 1+ kb. Can anyone help me with that? *parinig kay Nami, puntahan mo day pc ko...* How about you, are you able to maximize your Torrent downloading power? haha. What is your download and upload speed?


a sad sad 2.4 kb/s

4. Microsoft Office 2007
I have hesitations upgrading to Office 2007 because I think not everyone has upgraded their Office, so, there would be chances that my files can't be read by other people, vice versa. However, I heard that Microsoft Office 2007 is more user-friendly... I don't know, I just heard that. And computer shops at school are now upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007. How about you, have you upgraded your Office to 2007? Is it really more user-friendly?



0 comments: