Sunday, November 02, 2008

Villa Kalayaan

Tomorrow is my first day in my new work. My workplace is located at Taguig (in front of Villa Kalayaan), and I should be at the site at 6am. I haven't been to Taguig, so to avoid tardiness on my first day, I decided to visit my site this afternoon. I went out of the house at around two-thirty, rode a tricycle, helped an old lady cross the street, then managed to ride an Ayala-C5 fx at around 3:15. It took me thirty minutes to get an fx under the heat of the scorching sun. The thought of difficulty of getting an fx almost pissed me off, but good thing the weather was good, there were cotton candy clouds in the sky and I managed to cool my head off. hehe. At the fx, the conversation went like this:

Dani: Manong, dadaan po ba ito sa Kalayaan Avenue?
FXDriver: Saan ka sa Kalayaan?
Dani: Sa Villa Kalayaan po.
FXDriver: Villa Kalayaan, saan yun?
Dani: Sa Kalayaan Avenue po. (duh)
FXDriver: Hindi ko alam yun.
Passenger: Dadaan ito, sa may bandang kanan yun.
Dani: Thank you po. (never fail to thank people for their random acts of kindness)

*dani relieved*

I am quite nervous as our fx passes by the avenue of Kalayaan because I haven't really been there, and I am afraid I might get lost, then.. I saw this tall building, TCC, and across it is taddah... Villa Kalayaan!

*i am so proud of myself moment*

FXDriver: Saan ka uli hija?
Dani: Sa Villa Kalayaan po.
FXDriver: Eh baka ito yun. (Yan nga, manong)
Dani: Yan nga po. Hindi na lang po ako bababa manong, diretso na lang po ako sa Ayala.

I didn't get off the fx because it is really hot, and I am tired, so I decided to have a round trip from Brookside to Ayala. During the fx ride, manong driver was asking me questions until he was able to guess my work, the company I work for, how much I am getting paid, etc. The fx ride was fun. The manong driver was really fun to talk to, and he is kind.

+++
So how did you guys spent your Halloween? For us (me and my mother), we spent it at the mall shopping for mom's 'necessary luxuries' and watched a movie at the cinema. I know, we have a rather odd way of spending the Halloween, but what else can we do? Our peaceful relatives are resting at the cemetery in our province, and it is too far to visit them.

Saw Star Cinema's My Only Ü, directed by Garcia-Molina. It was funny. Its like My Sassy Girl in the sense that its funny but then its sad. Its like its funny and sad at the same time.
+++
I recommend you to watch Death Note movies if you want to kill your time wisely. Its twists are amazing, and the battle of wit will keep you on the edge of your seat. So there, try Death Note, people. Lawliet change the world!

0 comments: