Thursday, January 15, 2009

Come Alive

I dreamed.
I wish that you would come alive and read my favorite story with me
We could also talk for hours, or watch movies
Welcoming dawn as we finally rest asleep.
We won't have to rush home just to beat the curfew
We could meet anytime of the day, any day of the week, if we felt the urge to.
I don't have to flip albums, or re-read your private messages
I don't have to bury myself in books, or paint my nails bright pastels
Because at times like this, times when I am sad, all I'd have to do is hug you...
And with breath, with you, full of life... You will hug me back.

I remembered.
I remembered how I got you, you came as a surprise.
You were the cutest, most adorable thing I have ever seen,
And I was showing you to everyone, proud with glee.
I asked him if you could stay with me, he thought hard and he hesitated.
Yet at the end, I got you as a special gift to me, from him.

I woke up.
I woke up to a dream, and I came to a realization.
It is not you who I want to come alive, it is me...

Me alive in him.

Because to him, I am just like you.
Something cute, something adorable
But is never alive.

I want me be alive in him.
Him--the person who gave you to me.

poema de autumn_is_near para miroku_nami
011608

0 comments: