Saturday, November 24, 2007

The crap that a newly opened mall brings.

Earlier today, I went to the newly opened SM City Taytay to buy myself a triangle (30x60 degrees) and some cartolinas. I didn't bring any cash with me, except some spare coins for my fare thinking there will be a teller machine available.

The moment I entered the mall, I immediately looked for an atm machine, and I found BDO's. So I was there, doing the same routine when the screen of the machine flashed: "Invalid Transaction". I assumed I was just withdrawing an amount below BDO's requirement so I decided to withdraw a higher amount instead. But then, the screen flashed again: "Invalid Transaction".

Panic striking, I went inside the bank to ask one of the tellers the minimum amount allowable for withdrawal, and told me that the amount I am trying to withdraw meets the requirement, and I should just probably try again. On my way out, the guard saw that my ATM card is Bancnet and told me that I will not be able to withdraw any cash from an BDO ATM machine since BDO is Megalink.

I asked the guard if there are other banks at the mall, and he suggested Chinabank, so off I go. Much to my surprise, Chinabank is still on the works, and the bank doesn't have an ATM machine! Yes, I'm screwed.

Imagine me, tired and hungry from walking to and fro the mall just in search of an ATM machine, but all I see are sights of people who has just satisfied their empty bellies in the comfort of their cushioned seats in those sassy restaurants. Who will not be pissed?!

Someone should know I'm annoyed, so I went to the mall's Customer Service in hopes of an ATM machine wrapped in a red and gold Christmas wrapper just for me, and me alone. But, just as I expected, their Customer Service was of no help at all. They didn't even apologize for the inconvenience it has caused me!!! Some Customer Service, huh?

Much has been said, let me end this unfortunate story with me going home with my ankles swelling and my stomach growling to a hot-of-the-grill porkchops for dinner. =)

I am so not going back to that mall.

0 comments: